Thursday, September 28, 2006

So Proud of ME :)

I’m so proud of myself today. I attended the MCM meeting this morning. It was my first time. I just found out that if you missed 2 meetings in a row, you are deemed absent even if you’ve sent an alt/rep. Oops..that’s me! I missed the last 2 meetings and didn’t even send a rep :D So I sat there in the full house boardroom. It’s good to be slightly late, I get to be a back bencher despite my “member” status. Apparently there’s a penalty to members who are “absent”. What’s the penalty? Yet to be revealed..oh well, I’ll wait in great anticipation :P

Anyway, why am I proud of myself? I noticed the meeting is scheduled to be mighty long. So I decided that I would sneak out around 12pm to attend another meeting. Now, this one is more important to me because it’s a working meeting, meaning we will trash out plans and details and actually get things moving. Hehe..am I insulting the MCM here? No! That MCM is important too, they do get discussions done and going but no pressing matters for me or my team at the moment. Besides, I could always catch up by reading the minutes.

So come 12pm, it didn’t look like it was anywhere near the end, I had to leave. But from where I was sitting, it’s too obvious to walk out. Actually, I could just walk out and let the Chairman know that I have another meeting but well, knowing the Chairman, he could create a scene. So…I left my laptop open (it’s out of battery anyway) and my notebook (the manual one) too. I walked out berlenggang as if going to the loo and straight to the other meeting.

I sms SL and NZ to let me know when they finish. Half an hour later NR walked into the room.
“La..you are here. I was waiting to make the exit with you but then I realized only your laptop was there.”
“Yeah..the laptop was a decoy - prop of my disappearing act :D”

We accomplished a lot in this meeting and finish about the same time as the MCM though we only started like 2.5 hrs later. NZ called to inform I may now come up to pick up my laptop. I returned to the boardroom just in time when the last few people were leaving. Gracefully I went up to pick up my stuff, AZ spotted me “eh, you were here?”
“Yup, there’s my seat” pointing to my stuff on the table :D
Oh..That went so smooth, I could soooo do this again. Ssyyyy…

1 Comments:

At 2:05 AM, Blogger afflatus said...

foxy lady...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.