Monday, May 08, 2006

Hi Andrew!


World, please welcome Andrew Louis Soosay. Born at 3.62kg. His eyes remained shut throughout our visit. Cute baby! Posted by Picasa

Andrew is LC's newborn. LC is one of my best friends - I've known her for 10 years now. She was my very first colleague, sat next to me in my first job. She is pretty, petite, outgoing and bubbly. What I like most about LC is her infectious laugh. When I first came for the job interview, I heard a lot of talking and laughter from the office. I thought "amboi, siapa la yang happy sangat tu...must be good to work here". And on my first day, I found out whose laughter it was.

LC, AR who have been with the company for 3 years quickly clicked with SH and myself, the two newbies. We lunched, shopped, hang out and bitched a lot. After a while she left the company to join a neigbouring company, still within the same building. We still lunched, hang out and bitched though not as much. Eventually one by one of us left the company. Still we would meet up from time to time to catch up. Over the years, I lost touch with AR and SH but somehow managed to maintain contact with LC.

My friendship with LC is one of the easiest to maintain. We share stories of our love, flings, work, friends, families, the works. It is an unconditional, non-judgemental friendship with lots of understanding, acceptance and respect. In these last few years since she came back to KL, and has baby Alyson, we only met like once of twice a year with one or two phone calls/sms in between. Unlike some friends who once you haven't seen or spoken to in a while, you just don't don't know what to say when you finally meet, LC and I always find it easy to pick up where we left off and catch up with one another. I guess low-maintenance and great chemistry kept us together over the decade.

Now with her second child, Andrew, LC will be busier at home. But I'm sure our friendship will remain as is, and I hope it will be for many more years to come. To LC and family, congratulations and my warmest and best wishes to you! Love ya, and thank you for being my friend! And oh yes, to Andrew, welcome to the real world! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.